Friday, May 12, 2006

Blessed Gursikh

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥
ਮਿਟੀ ਤਿਆਸ ਅਗਿਆਨ ਅੰਧੇਰੇ ॥
ਸਾਧ ਸੇਵਾ ਅਘ ਕਟੇ ਘਨੇਰੇ ॥1॥
ਸੂਖ ਸਹਜ ਆਨੰਦੁ ਘਨਾ ॥
ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਭਏ ਮਨ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਨਾ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਬਿਨਸਿਓ ਮਨ ਕਾ ਮੂਰਖੁ ਢੀਠਾ ॥
ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਲਾਗਾ ਮੀਠਾ ॥2॥
ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਕੇ ਚਰਣ ਗਹੇ ॥
ਕੋਟਿ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਪਾਪ ਲਹੇ ॥3॥
ਰਤਨ ਜਨਮੁ ਇਹੁ ਸਫਲ ਭਇਆ ॥
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਰੀ ਮਇਆ ॥4॥15॥66॥

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:
My thirst, and the darkness of ignorance have been removed.
Serving the Holy Saints, countless sins are obliterated. ||1||
I have obtained celestial peace and immense joy.
Serving the Guru, my mind has become immaculately pure, and I have heard the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har, Har. ||1||Pause||
The stubborn foolishness of my mind is gone;
God's Will has become sweet to me. ||2||
I have grasped the Feet of the Perfect Guru,
and the sins of countless incarnations have been washed away. ||3||
The jewel of this life has become fruitful.
Says Nanak, God has shown mercy to me. ||4||15||66||

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਭਾਣਾ ਲਾਗਾ ਮੀਠਾ ॥2॥

Waheguru!

satvinder said...

waheguru. Beautiful hukam.

Hope all is well with you veer ji.

ss said...

Likewise .

Hope all is good. Time for a new post?

msingh said...

satvinder, ss thanks for your comments. The thought of throwing in the towel has crossed my mind recently...

Waheguru

ss said...

Ok throw in the towel - but keep blogging anyway.

But you're going to end up a dirty towel if you throw it in; so on reflection don't do that either.

Perfectly clear :-)